September 16, 2012

today

Today was a no fun day.  Things are starting to set in.  Michael is going to be gone for a good part of 12 weeks. I will see him maybe 5 days out of the whole 12 weeks.  I knew when he applied for the job that this was going to happen if he was hired.  But today, I realized that it is just 6 shorts days away.  Then after the training is over, he will be moved to his new location while I am at home selling the house, packing and getting everything ready.  
Ever since I found out Michael had the job, I knew there was one thing I would need before he left.  I would need a break.  I wanted a break.  I have been wanting to do something other than just hang out with my kids (as much as I love them).  An opportunity arose a few weeks ago for a break with friends.  I was so excited.  Then it ended up not working out for me.  I cried.  I cried a lot.  I wanted so badly to have one more "something" before Michael left.  

Today it hit me.  I will not have that opportunity.  So, I cried some more.  I haven't cried in awhile, so it was due time for me to cry.  I cried in church.  I cried at home.  I just let it all out.  

The point of this post is not to complain (okay, maybe a little complaining :).  In fact, it is quite opposite.  Today, I was able to witness good friendship.  Two people, who had not even see me cry today....brought me over a treat.  They weren't doing it because they knew I was sad today.  They were doing it just because they thought of it.  I feel so grateful that they were thinking of me.  It doesn't make everything better....but it sure did make me smile.  So thank you to those two friends.  I always hope to be that inspired :)