May 25, 2012

the graduate

Nora graduated 1st grade today.  The whole class sang a song about Dreaming and I couldn't help but get teary.  I never know when all the growing up Nora does is going to hit me.  I am always caught by surprise when I cry over my children getting older. 

I am so proud of Nora.  she had a rough start at George Washington.  Since I switched her 2 weeks in, she took a long time enjoying her school and really feeling like it was something she could do. 
 Putting her in George Washington was one of the best decisions I have made for her and although she cried a lot the first few days, I am so glad I stuck with it.


Nora recieved the "Super Star in Reading and Comprehension" award. 

Mrs. Poulton was so sweet.  You could tell how much she loves her students.  She kept tearing up when she talked about their improvment and how much she loved them.  Nora had a wonderful teacher!


After school, George Washington Academy paid for all their students to got the the Swimming pool for a party.  I took the whole fam.  It was a great farewell for Nora.  She saw most of her friends from school there and was able to have one last farewell.