October 10, 2011

growing up

When Michael had his very first business trip, Nora was 2 months old.  This would be the first time that Michael and I would not see each other at least once a day since we started dating.  I was a wreck.  I cried hourly.  I didn't have a cell phone back then, so it made it even worse on me.  

Since then he has been on various business trips.  Each business trip was hard on me.  I usually would try my hardest to hold myself together....but I would always end up calling his phone while he was in flight and leave a message while blubbering. 

This morning Michael left for a three day business trip.  Surprisingly, I was very calm and very much okay with it.  It has been a whole day now without one tear.  I am proud of myself.  I feel I am growing up in a sense.   Yes, I still miss Michael and wish he were here, but I am more confident in myself and I don't feel I need to depend on him for everything, all the time. 

p.s.  the picture is of a door mat that I would LOVE to purchase.  I find it very amusing :)