September 26, 2011

Best Friend

For many years now, I have had several friends.  For me, it is not hard to make friends.  However, I have never been the type to have a best friend.  This is NOT by choice.   I've wanted a best friend.  
When I met Michael, I was content.  I had finally found a best friend.  I thought that having Michael as a best friend would keep me satisfied.  

I've been married to Michael now almost 8 years.  I love hanging out with Michael....in fact he is still my favorite person around.  However,  as each year as gone by....and as we have moved to different neighborhoods, I have longed for a female best friend. 

In each neighborhood,  I have had friends, some better than others.  But, I have never had the type of friendship where we go to lunch together, or have a girls night out, or go shopping together, or call each other on the phone and talk about anything and everything, or go to a chick flick together, or go get our hair or nails done.   When I cry, or vent....the only person who hears about it is Michael.  I am sure he wants a break :)

I wish I knew where I was going with this.   I've been thinking about this a lot lately and wondering what I need to work on to become more likable or more fun. 

If I never do find a best friend, at least I can say I was lucky enough to have Michael there for me.  He is so good at supporting me and trying hard to understand my female brain.