January 4, 2013

organized?

With this particular New Year, I have been thinking a lot about being organized.  I am very good at looking organized on the outside.  I stuff things into drawers and closets.  But outside, the carpet is clear...the counters are wiped down.  If you come to my house, it is typically very picked up.  What most people don't know is that inside all the closets and drawers, there is so much clutter.  
I would love to say that I have made it a goal to be more organized throughout my house....but I cannot yet say that.  There is far more organization elsewhere that needs to be done. 

This year I need to focus on organizing myself on the inside.  On the outside, I try to look as organized as possible.  On the outside, I try to look as happy as possible.  Although the outside of me may look like I have it all together, it is far from the truth.  I am a mess.  I am a huge mess.  There is no organization in my mind. There is no organization in my heart.  I consist of clutter throughout my whole body.  

Until I figure out the mess inside of me, my house needs to be put lower on my priority list.  

My children and my husband watch me sleep for most of the day.   My poor husband is so good to me.  I am sure he wants his old wife back but he takes care of THIS wife so well and I am so grateful for his patience.  

My goal for this year is to try and figure out how to organize MY clutter.  
If anyone has any tips on where to start, feel free to chime in :)