October 2, 2012

benefits

When one is faced with the absence of her husband for the majority of 3 months, she has to make the best of it.  So, I have decided to make myself aware of the good things that have happened due to Michael being gone.  

1) We spend far less money on food.  Seriously....we have cut our food bills in half! (Michelin is paying for all of Michael's meals while he is in training).

2) Laundry has reduced as well.  I usually have to do several loads within a week.  With Michael gone, I keep checking the baskets, but they don't ever seem to get filled :)

3) The kids seem to go to bed much easier.  And they fall asleep faster.  It's weird, but true.  

4) Our remote has not been lost once since Michael left.  Seriously, this is a big deal.  Michael is the king of losing the remote. 

5) The house is so much easier to keep clean.  Michael is actually pretty good at cleaning things when he knows I want them clean.  However,  he is not good at not making messes.  

6) Our dog doesn't bark as much.  Jack cuddles with me, but he plays with Michael.  So if Jack is bored, he always barks at Michael for some attention.  He doesn't do that with me....so there has been far less barking.  

7) I don't have to share any of my food with anyone.  Michael is not here to pick off my plate or take my left overs before I let him know that I was actually not yet done :)

8) I get good sleep.  When Michael is here, I dread bedtime because I want to spend as much time as possible with him.  Now that he is gone, I can go to bed early and it actually benefits me and helps time pass faster :) 

There you have it.  This is my pathetic way of making myself feel better!! And I do....feel better.