October 7, 2012

#15

In six short days, we get to see Michael.  We are all counting down the days.  It will only be one day that we get to see him, so I hope the kids don't all get their hopes up that he will be here longer. 

Friday night and Saturday were probably the worst so far.  I have had sick children.  When Nora is sick, she is sweet and loving and quiet.  When Clark is sick, he is a monster.  He cried pretty much all day Friday.  When he wasn't crying he was complaining about something.  I started feeling sick myself on Friday and to top it off....our cars brakes seem to be going out again.  We have already had them fixed 3 different times.  Luckily 2 of those times were under warranty.  I just wish they would fix it for good so I don't have to keep going in a waiting. Friday night, we got home and there was the all to familiar chirping sound coming from the fire alarm.  It wasn't a big deal, but it seemed like a big deal after the day I had been through :)

I have decided to be grateful for friends today. 
It has been hard not to close myself off from the world and just be a hermit.  Luckily I have had people who have been very good to me while Michael is gone.  I had 2 different friends invite me over to watch the Tigers game yesterday.  I had a friend offer her sons weeding services so my backyard could look a little better.  I had a friend text me asking if I wanted my usual from Swig.  I have had several friends continually offer to watch my kids so I could have a break.  I had a friend invite my family over for breakfast this morning.  
I am grateful for friends who help me to not just sit at home and feel sorry for myself !