June 26, 2012

neighborhood dance class

I opted to not have my children do any summer camps this year.  I just wanted it to be a relaxing, no stress summer.   A few weeks before summer started, we got a flyer on our door.  It was from 2 cute neighborhood girls who were both 12.  They were going to be doing a summer dance class for younger girls.  The cost: 3 dollars per week/per family.  I couldn't beat that! 
So twice a week, Nora and Lily have been looking forward to their dance class.  I love that it is close enough for them to ride their bikes.....and they come home showing me all the great things they have learned. 

Yesterday they had a small dance recital.  The girls were thrilled to be showing off their moves. 
It was wonderful.  They even ended with a dance with the lights off and they all had glow bracelets and anklets on.