December 17, 2011

getting over myself

Today was a hard day.  It was one of those days where I stay in my pajamas, lay in bed and cry.  I don't know if others have those days, but I have them every now and then.  At one point, Michael humbly told me that I need to stop focusing on the bad things in my life and start realizing how good I have it.  One of his favorite things to tell me is "It could always be worse."  I HATE when he tells me that.  What he says is true, but that doesn't mean I am supposed to like hearing it :) 

So, since I slept most the day, I was just now laying in bed unable to sleep.  I decided to type a few things I am grateful for to help me open my eyes and get out of this slump.

1) I am grateful for the ability to cry.  I know there are some who find it hard to cry....but not me.  I can cry and I am grateful that I am able to have that emotional release.

2) I am grateful for honesty.  It is a hard thing to find in people, but it is very refreshing when you know you can truly trust a person.

3) I am grateful for my husband and his ability to help me see the good in myself.  He makes me feel important and I love him for it.

4) I am grateful for funny movies.  Michael and I watched a very funny movie tonight and it really relaxed me.

5)  Finally, I am grateful for my children.  All three of them noticed how sad I was today and tried to cheer me up.  They were surprisingly well behaved today and it made it much easier to feel blessed :)