November 12, 2011

locked in

I was unloading the car and I decided to let Clark play in the car until I finished.  I heard him playing with locks but I thought nothing of it.  I closed the trunk when I was finished and then went to go get Clark.  All the doors were locked (with the keys locking inside).  I didn't even think to check before closing the trunk.  Poor Clark was locked in the car.  For awhile he continued to play, not knowing I was a little panicked.
After awhile of playing, he got up to the window and kept saying "out!"  I kept trying to prompt him to push the lock buttons again.  He pushed them, but it was always the 'lock' side.  After about ten minutes....and right about the time I was going to call a locksmith, Clark pushed the 'unlock' side.  
I'm glad it ended up teaching me a little thing or two :)