June 9, 2009

She


This is Michael here. Usually I stand by the sidelines and let Bonnie do her thing with this blog, and I'm just a casual reader like you. But today I wanted to step in. Once again, Bonnie is busy doing something else right now so I'm taking advantage of the situation.

I've always enjoyed the song "She" (lyrics here) by Elvis Costello. The song makes me smile every time I hear it because I can't help but think of my wife when it plays. I don't know if I'm alone on this, but my sanity is horribly, irrevocably, and hopelessly dependent upon my wife's happiness. Not because she makes my life hard when she's not happy, but because I just plain need her.

Okay so what am I getting to here. I'll tell you. I Love Bonnie Stewart Foley. I absolutely adore that woman whether I let her believe it or not. The fact that she ever fell for a big dumb idiot like me, I will never know. I've read a million books on how to show your wife how you love her, and I can tell you that there are still not enough ways for me to express my appreciation. Now if I actually DID all those things I've read is another argument for another time...:-)

This is corny to say but I don't care. Whenever I'm having a bad day, I picture her walking down the isle toward me to the "Somewhere in Time" theme on our wedding day. I still remember looking at her in that moment and thinking "this is what I want. This is what I've been waiting for." I'm still amazed she said yes, but I'll never complain about it.

This post isn't really going anywhere in particular, but I just wanted the universe to know. I love her, I love her, I love her. Go ahead tease me. I don't care what you think. I only care what she thinks even when I pretend I don't. But then again, I don't care if she ever even reads this, I just had to say it. so there.