April 26, 2009

Downtown splash pad and river:
I love that it is warmer outside. The river downtown is one our favorite places to go. Now that the splash pad area is not as slippery, it has become even more fun. We went there twice last week.





Fiesta Fun:
Last minute Saturday night we decided to go to Fiesta Fun. We took five dollars and spent about a half hour there. Mostly the kids just like to ride the pretend motorcycles while mom and dad get as many tickets as possible for the kids to get some toys. Here is their favorite winning:



Bugs:
Thanks to my sisters idea, we have now found a fun way for Lily to brush her teeth. Below is a picture of Lily opening her mouth as big as can be, and she actually does this throughout the whole teeth brushing.

Annes suggestion was to tell the kid they have bugs on their teeth. Now we ask Lily "Do you have bugs on your teeth?" She instantly opens her mouth and we pretend to point out all the colored bugs on her teeth as we brush each tooth. She gets so excited to hear what colored bugs are on her teeth. It works like a charm.




Lily is not the only fan of bugs in our home. The other day we found a huge dead cockroach outside. Nora was so excited to go inside and get some toilet paper. She ran out with the toilet paper in hand. I thought she was going to give it to daddy as I usually do. Nope, she immediately went straight to the bug and picked it up with the toilet paper and then threw it away. I was so amazed. I hate bugs, so this was great for me to see. Now instead of waiting for Michael to get home from work any time there is a bug, I have my brave daughter. I am so blessed!